Much has been said and written about smoking as a dangerous health problem. Every person who smokes is aware of the fact that their habit could hasten them toward death. Smoking is known to be one of the carcinogenic factors and could lead to a wide variety of cancers, including lung and oral cancer. Smoking also causes various breathing and respiratory problems.
But despite knowing all this, people are reluctant to stop smoking. The main attraction of smoking is tobacco smoke, which is addictive. In addition, tobacco smoke also contains nicotine, which is deadly poisonous to human beings in its pure form. Tar is another harmful ingredient. This can clog the lungs over time.
Many smokers have intentions to give up smoking but cannot go through it in the right way. The main reason behind their inability to give up smoking is their addiction. But, of course, a person wishing to quit smoking must have a steely determination.
But many a time, that is not enough. The body may react violently to the sudden giving up smoking. For this reason, it is necessary to fortify the body also.
In Ayurveda, there are some excellent techniques to train the body to cope with reduced smoking habits. This article lists some of the best Ayurvedic ways to quit smoking in helping smokers in their quest to quit smoking.
Foods To Help You While You Stop Smoking
The nicotine content in tobacco is so addictive that the users find it very difficult to quit once they get into the habit, even if they want to stop smoking.
Apart from changing lifestyle and food habits, Ayurveda helps clean and do away with the root cause of tobacco addiction. Also, some foods can help you while you stop smoking.
Take a few seeds of ajwain and chew them whenever you crave tobacco. Initially, it might be difficult, but chewing them regularly will help do away with the habit of tobacco addiction.
Cinnamon helps do away with tobacco addiction. So whenever you crave smoking or other forms of tobacco, take a piece of cinnamon and keep sucking for a while. It helps.
Water Kept In A Copper Container
Copper scraps off the toxic deposits. Drinking a lot of water kept in copper containers helps remove the poisonous residues and lessen the craving for tobacco use over time.
Triphala can clear the toxic elements and, in turn, further reduce the craving for harmful tobacco use. Taking one tablespoon of Triphala every night helps.
Chewing basil leaves helps reduce the craving for tobacco usage and cures the problems caused by its earlier use. Every morning and evening, take 2-3 basil leaves, chew and eat them.
A well-known herb, calamus, helps do away with smoking addiction. Add a small quantity of calamus in the form of powder with ghee and have it, or it can be consumed just in the form of powder.
Ginger, Amla, Turmeric
A ball prepared out of ginger, amla, and turmeric powder is said to help reduce the craving for tobacco usage. The ball can be used as sweets, put it in the mouth and suck it.
Ashwagandha helps the body to get rid of toxins. It helps to alleviate the level of anxiety and also various forms of tobacco addiction. The powder (450 mg to 2 g) prepared from ashwagandha roots must be taken for the best results.
Chamomile helps calm the nerves, which provides an urge for smoking addicts. You can take it in the form of tea 2-3 times a day.
Ayurvedic Ways To Quit Smoking
Apart from the foods mentioned above, they help you while you stop smoking.
There are also some ayurvedic tips that can give extra help to kick the habit of smoking.
- Avoid eating acidic foods such as meat, dairy products, tea, coffee, pasta, and bread.
- Taking alkaline food, such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, sprouts, etc, is highly beneficial.
- The intake of raisins, beets, lima beans, dandelion, etc., can help you to quit your smoking habit.
- Increase the amount of vitamin C in your eating habits. Fruits rich in vitamin C, such as lemons, oranges, and grapefruits, are beneficial.
- Sweet foods reduce the urge to smoke. In addition to that, add a small quantity of honey to whatever sweet dishes you consume.
- When you feel the excessive urge to smoke, it is suggested to eat something salty. Or you can lick a little salt at that time.
- Juice of radish and honey twice a day is very beneficial to quitting smoking.
- Chewing liquorice (mulethi) is an excellent alternative to cigarettes. It helps you to suppress the urge to smoke when you feel so.
- An ayurvedic massage with aromatic oils is also very effective in relaxing your mind and suppressing the urge to smoke.
- Herbal extracts of cedar, lavender, lemon, orange, and tea tree, along with water, should be sprayed in the atmosphere to avoid the fragrance of smoking entering your surrounding that can stimulate your urge to smoke.
- Keep yourself busy with work that can keep you away from smoking.
These ayurvedic tips are very effective and efficient in curbing the urge to smoke in an individual. In addition to that, you will not have to make any special to follow these tips as they are straightforward to carry out.
Besides these techniques, there are various other ways, like getting help from a professional Ayurvedic doctor, to help you stop smoking. You can also go to an Ayurvedic retreat or a Yoga retreat. You can combine these retreats and learn all about Ayurvedic medicine and get the mental and spiritual calm you need.
Remember, socializing with friends or spending quality time with your family will divert your mind from the stress of quitting.
If you are addicted to cigarettes or (any other kind of addiction), come to our Ayurvedic Treatment Center for the best care you can get in India. 4 Generations of Ayurvedic Doctors will be here to make sure you get over them.
Ayurveda is a natural cure for almost every disease and problem. You can treat even a little issue from hair to foot with the help of Ayurvedic herbs or treatments. Arogyadham is an Ayurvedic treatment center in India where we treat many health and other problems using Ayurvedic medicines. You can also ask our doctors about any query regarding your health issue or anything. We will always be there to help you out. So do not hesitate to contact us anytime.
Finally, if you liked this post, please share it on your social networks, and if you have any questions, please leave us a comment in the comment section below!
You can also contact us through the following: